Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ice Cream




One of Riley's favorite things to do is to go get an ice cream cone from McDonalds. We do this as a treat for her or just because. And every time we go through the drive-thru I get the same look from the worker, they look at me like I am crazy for giving my 2 yr old her own ice cream cone to eat IN THE CAR. I just laugh because there is no way she will let anything happen to that cone, so why would I be worried? Car-seat covers can go in the dryer. I just think that it's important to let a kid enjoy being a kid and being messy.

Another funny part to this scenario is every time Riley's cone needs to get licked cause its dripping I ask her if she wants to switch with me. She will always switch with me the first time I ask cause she knows its too much and she can't get it. But after that she realizes that her cone is bigger than mine, so when I ask I get a quick response "Nope!" She's not stupid. :0)


Excuse the CRAZY hair, this was after a nap! Messy kids are happy kids right?

3 comments:

  1. Dang that makes me want a McDonald's cone!!! Call me next time and we can make it a kiddie date! And I think her crazy hair is cute!!! (Julie R.....it won't let me comment with my account)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man you are trying to pull the "let me put bunny ears on it for you!" like DAD!She looks really cute! I love how it looks like she is nursing her baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, we love our McD's vanilla cones too!! And Ally is darn good at licking that thing; she hasn't needed any "help" from me for a while now. We probably go once a week! Hey, it's low in Weight Watchers points, and doesn't stick in Ally's poor cavity-ridden teeth. (She's going in next week for fillings, oh joy!) Miss you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete